Bob and Brian are available for estimates Monday through Saturday. No appointment is necessary.
Mid Island Collision thinks of the vehicle owner as its customer not the insurance company. Our goal is to give you the best repair possible. We will work hard to explain to your insurer the best methods to repair your vehicle back to its pre-accident condition in appearance and function. We are not on any Insurance Company referral or Direct Repair Programs. Repair shops on insurance company programs are beholding to the insurance company. This compromises their ability to look out for your best interest.
At Mid Island Collision your best interest and producing the absolute best repair for you is our number ONE priority.
|AS A CONSUMER YOUR
RIGHTS ARE PROTECTED
BY NEW YORK STATE
THE LAW PROVIDES THE
- You have the right to have your automobile repaired in the registered shop of your choice. You're insurance company cannot direct you otherwise.
- You are not required to have your automobile repaired or appraised in a shop recommended by the insurance company.
- You are not required to get one or more estimates.
- You are not required to take your car to an insurance company's drive-in claim service
- Your insurance company must negotiate in good faith. You are entitled to a prompt, fair settlement to repair your car to its pre-accident condition.
- Your insurance company has six days after proper notification to inspect your car. If additional damage is found after dismantling, the insurance company has two business days to re-inspect after proper notification.
- You may legally appoint your repair shop to act as your "Designated Representative," to protect your interest and negotiate a fair claim settlement with your insurance company.
- The New York State Insurance Department licenses all insurance company personnel including damage appraisers, supervisors, agents and brokers
- The insurance company may not issue a check or draft in payment of a claim, implying acceptance of such as final or binding.
- If your automobile is a total loss (cost of repairs exceed the actual cash value of the automobile), payment is calculated by averaging Red Book and NADA values or the use of a computerized data base, plus NYS Sales Tax. You are entitled to an evaluation work sheet and, you have a 30 day Right of Recourse to question the insurance company's settlement offer.
- If the damages to your car are over $1,000.00, you must fill out a D.M.V. form 104.
Remember This - You don't drive an average car, so don't be directed to an average Insurance Referral Shop. You have the right by N.Y.S. Law to have your European luxury car repaired at a qualified repair facility.